
What a wonderful word that is. It's wonderful to have a mother and it's wonderful to be a mother.
This picture was taken in 1991 in Utah near what used to be the ZCMI Mall. Those are 3 of my daughters sitting on the steps: Sarah, Lindsey and Traci (the one closest to the camera). My 4th daughter was a baby and probably asleep in her stroller. Her name is Emily.
How I loved (and still do love) being a mother. I have to admit though, in my case, I loved it when my kids were little. Life seemed like it was a lot easier then, than it got to be as they got a little older. But they have each grown up to be wonderful young women, so I am a very glad mother.
The second picture is of the Salt Lake Temple. It is my favorite temple. Temple square is one of my favorite places to go. It is so peaceful there. The gardens are so well tended and there are almost always so many colorful flowers. I especially love to go there the end of April, beginning of May, when I am in Utah for Womens Conference---and the tulips are in bloom! I always associate tulips with WC because you see them everywhere. I love this statue of the mother dancing with her children. It epitomizes the joy in motherhood.
When I attend the temple, there is no more peaceful place on earth and I feel like a Queen when I am there.
The Lord created so much beauty for us on this earth. And in spite of all this beauty women were His final creation before it was complete. Here is what our last prophet said about the Lord's creation of the earth:
In creating the world, God "...as His final creation, the crowning of His glorious work, He created woman. I like to regard Eve as His masterpiece after all that had gone before...."
(Gordon B. Hinckley, One Bright, Shining Hope, page 6-7)
We were His crowning glory! And He made us Mothers. And Adam named the woman Eve because she was the mother of all living. And her motherhood proceeded her childbirth. Motherhood is inherent to all women whether they have born children or not. Those special traits are characteristic of us all. Our mother-like traits can bless all with whom we come in contact with.
I am so grateful to the good women in my life.
Believe! You are a Queen in the making!
No comments:
Post a Comment