Friday, February 29, 2008

The Quest for Queen


You know, I can think of no other word that better describes Queen than that of Mother. As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I believe that I am a child of God, that He sent me here to earth to gain a body and to learn lessons in that body that will enable me to become like Him and return to live with him one day. He is our Heavenly Father, the God of this universe, and He is the King of Kings. Having been born one of His spirit children makes me of Royal Birth. Of course, there is no birth without a mother, so it stands to reason that I have a Mother in Heaven. A Queen of Queens. And because their royal blood flows through my veins, I believe I am a Queen in the making. I have faith in the plan of our Heavenly Father that I can become just like her, a Queen. Thus, this life on earth is something of a Quest. The dictionary defines Quest as seeking. I am seeking on this earth to live accordingly that I may rise to the status of Queen in the next life and return to live in the Royal Courts on high.
It may sound like a Fairy Tale...but Religion is about faith, and faith is "the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1) As in Fairy Tales like "once upon a time" and "happily ever after"....we feel the wonder and the magic and the adventure, oftentimes love, and sometimes evil, but the good always wins, and they make you feel good and they make you want to believe. So what is belief without faith? And what is faith without hope? And how can you know good if you don't know the evil? It's too bad about the wicked Queens in the fairy tales. But they were usually wicked because of greed or jealousy or some not-so-good quality.
My quest is a spiritual journey. I believe there is a Queen inside of all women. We have a divine nature that includes caring and compassion and a natural desire to help others. We are the mothers! We are the hand that rocks the cradle. And it is the hand that rocks the cradle that rules the nations. And even if we have no literal offspring, we still have the divine female nurturing qualities that can aid and lift and love all those with whom we have contact.
I believe that God sent His Son, Jesus Christ. This is His Kingdom on earth and in seeking to fulfill my quest I will also be helping to build up His Kingdom.
And my greatest hope and desire is to someday return to live with my Heavenly Father and Mother again and to live with them through all Eternity!

...and they all lived happily ever after! I BELIEVE!

No comments: